Sexual Assault Crisis Centers
There are 9 community-based sexual assault crisis centers in the state of CT. They serve all of Connecticut and have offices in the following towns: Bridgeport, Danbury, Meriden, Middletown, New Haven, Milford, New Britain, Hartford, Stamford, Torrington, Waterbury, Willimantic and New London.
Sexual Assault Crisis Centers Provide:
- Hotline Services 24 hours/day 7 days/week
- 24 hour crisis counseling
- Information & referral
- Advocacy for children and non-abusing parent
- Short-term counseling for victims and their family and/or friends
- Support groups
- Community education programs addressing sexual violence
- Community prevention programs addressing bystander intervention, etc.
To learn more about these resources please visit Get Help in Connecticut.
You can learn more about the Sexual Assault Forensic Examiners Program (SAFE) here.