Jewish Coalition Against Domestic Abuse (JCADA) is committed to empowering victims of domestic and dating abuse, sexual assault, elder abuse, and stalking to create safe environments for themselves and their children. JCADA provides clinical support services, legal support, victim advocacy, community education and training, and prevention programming.
JCADA's trained clinicians, attorneys, and advocates support victims through all stages of intimate partner violence, sexual assault, dating abuse, stalking, and elder abuse. They serve women, men and teens ages 14 and over experiencing or witnessing any power-based violence in the Greater Washington DC area. All support services are provided free of charge.
- Confidential helpline
- Crisis counseling
- Specialized counseling for teens and young adults
- Safety planning
- Legal representation in peace and protective order and crime victims’ rights, resources, information, and referrals
- Educational and therapeutic support groups
- Alternative therapy programs (e.g., yoga, creative arts)
- Financial planning
- Assistance with basic necessities (e.g., grocery or gas gift cards)
- Case management and advocacy